1) This documentary is about a correspondence that started between Nev our main character and an eight year old girl named Abby and her mom Angela. This turns into a long relationship that lasts about a year, and has many twists and turns throughoutthe story. Nev, his brother, and a friend come upon a mystery that nobody could have predicted. They instantly became detectives and tried to piece together the mystery that comes up. The reason for this big mystery is one thing, and thatthing is Facebook. The deception from Facebook leads to one big mystery that confuses Nev and his brother and friend. In this they find out what “Catfish” really means.
2) The title of this Movie is Catfish,which was filmed in 2008 and released as a movie in 2010. Rogue Pictures won this documentary over Paramount Pictures. The Movie is a true documentary about Nev and his growing relationship between a girl named Abby and her family. Abby had sent Nev a painting of her picture that was published in the New York Times. With that relationship between the girl from Michigan, and the Nev who lives in New York. This turns into a long distance relationship between Nev and Megan. Megan is Abby’s older half sister. This turns into a long distance relationship that soon after filming, turns into the center point of the documentary. Many people believed that this was not a real documentary and that is directed and didn’t occur in real life.
3) This movie has a very confusing plot to try and follow. It starts off with Nev getting one of his photos published in the New York Times. Then a couple months later he receives a painting of his photo from an eight year old girl named Abby. He finds out that her mom Angela sends him the painting to show off her talent and they become friends. Nev and her entire family become friends on facebook, and he talks to each one of them at different times. Soon after his initial conversations with the family, he begins to talk to Megan. He then talks to her on a daily basis, and start getting to know each other more. These two very quickly develop a relationship, where they call, text, email, and Facebook; each other. They became an unofficial long distance couple. They keep this going while Nev is still getting to know the entire family, and none of them seem to object the relationship at all. Even though Megan lives in Michigan, and Nev lives in New York. Nev finds himself falling in love with this girl, and becomes very close to Megan. Then when Nev wants to meet up with her to see if anything would become of their long distance love, they never can. With that mysteries pop up about Megan, Abby, and Angela.
4) I find that Nev is a very important character since he is the person the documentary is focused around from the start. He is very interesting in my opinion with how he talks to the family and his point of view on everything. He is a nice guy who does not want to hurt anybodies feelings. He knows what he wants in life, and pushes for his goals. He is also just a person that almost anyone can connect with and relate to on some common basis. I feel like if anyone else was the center point of the documentary it would not be as interesting and I would just think of it as another boring documentary.
5) I honestly thought that this was a great movie, and I still can’t believe that this was a documentary that was true. It kept me guessing what was going to happen next. I was always surprised by the twists and turns that pop up throughout the movie. I really liked that it kept you guessing on multiple occasions, so you actually have to think when you don’t have all of the answers. So I overall really enjoyed the movie Catfish, it was one of the best I have seen in a very long time. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to see a good movie. I would also advise that anybody that has a Facebook should watch this to learn about the dangers of Facebook. So pretty much everybody should go out of there way and see this amazing movie at some point in the near future.